The Arts Council is honoured to be nominated!
Tell your friends about this amazing event and join us on September 26th at 7:00 pm. Doors open at 6:00 pm.
Get Your Tickets Here
Established in 1967, the Arts Council promotes, encourages and advocates for the arts
in Fort St. John and the North Peace Region. We also create programs that increase
exposure for the arts or create opportunities for the arts to grow and thrive. Artists and
arts groups have and opportunity to network and support each other through
membership in the Arts Council. Over the years our activities have included,
– Initiating and leading the building of the North Peace Cultural Centre
– Establishing High on Ice and organizing the Ice Carving component of the festival for many years
– Flower Pot Project
– Art that Moves You
– Sand Carving at Peace Island Park
– Street Banners
– Scholarships for students who are pursuing a career in the arts
People can become involved with the Arts Council by
– Becoming a member – individuals and non-profit groups are welcome
– Volunteer for the Arts Council of for a member group
– Take a class or attend a performance or event.
– Donate to the Sue Popesku Memorial Fund through the Vancouver Foundation. Donate here.
– Ask us about our dream to build a Creative Hub in Fort St. John
“We all know how hard life can be and how easy it can be to feel isolated and alone. Being active in the Arts, regardless the discipline, offers not only a wonderful outlet and opportunity to be creative but the chance to build bonds with others in our community, strengthening us all. “