You are invited to be one of the artists to display your work in the 4rd Annual Artwalk in Fort St. John organized by the Fort St. John Community Arts Council in cooperation with Peace Gallery North in the North Peace Cultural Centre. Please register by April 20, 2016.
ARTWALK 2016: For eight weeks (May 14-July 16), your ORIGINAL art work can be displayed in a participating business in downtown Fort St. John. More than 30 shops will be invited to participate this year. A flyer will be published for residents and visitors to find the locations of all of the participating venues. Peace Gallery North in the North Peace Cultural Centre is the centre-point of Artwalk 2016, which will open in time to welcome the 1500 expected visitors for the Performing Arts BC Festival at the end of May and continue into the summer to attract travellers into the downtown core.
A SMALL FEE: There is a small fee of $20 to enter in order to provide advertising and the walking tour flyers. No commission will be deducted on works sold. Artists handle their own sales by the customer contacting the artist directly. Sold works can remain in place until the end of the walk or be replaced by another piece of work immediately upon removal.
VENUE: Matching the artists with participating venues is the responsibility of the organizing group (Arts Council).
- Provide up to 4 works of your ORIGINAL art, depending on the size and space available, (with easels if required) for the entire length of the Artwalk.
- Pieces you wish to sell to be marked priced with what you wish to receive (tax included). We strongly advise that you price 2 pieces or as many as you can since viewers are eager to buy.
- Attach the following information to each piece of artwork: Artist’s name, title, medium, price or NFS
- Provide a brief bio and brief artist’s statement to be displayed with your work and on the internet.
- Provide a number of calling cards for customers to take in order for them to contact you about sales.
By May 4: Drop into your assigned venue to introduce yourself and discuss set up area and required stands/platforms which you will need to supply.
By May 11: Deliver your work, and help set up where applicable in the venue no later than May 13.
TAKE DOWN: Remove all artwork and stands/platforms by July 20 and thank the business owner and relate any suggestions/comments to the organizing committee.
WAIVER: While every effort will be made to keep artwork safe from loss, theft, damage or other such occurrences, each participation (artist and shop) is required to sign a release waiver by May 14, 2016 against any action taken in case of such mishaps.