The results are in for the 2022 Ekphrastic Writing Contest which has become a regular part of the Open Skies Regional juried art exhibition.
Poems were adjudicated by Shelley A. Leedhal.
Shannon May Craig, Fort St. John, BC – “The Rain Felt Like Sunshine” (Inspired by ‘Little Bee’ by Caily Oldershaw)
- Aleisha Hendry, Dawson Creek, BC – “Static” (Inspired by Tracy Krauss’s “White Noise”)
- Barbara Daley, Fort St. John, BC – “Beach Rocks” (Inspired by Eliza Massey Stanford’s “Beach Rocks”)
- Dori Braun, Pouce Coupe, BC – “Little Bee” (Inspired by Caily Oldershaw’s “Little Bee”)
- Tony Takacs, Chetwynd, BC – “The Shack” (Inspired by Kim Ans’s “The Shack”)
- Shannon May Craig, Fort St John, BC – “I’m done” (Inspired by Donna Bozarth’s “I’m Done”)
- Pamela den Ouden, Fort St John, BC – “Father and Daughter” (Inspired by Kathie Young’s “Father and Daughter”)
- Mel Mason, Fort St John, BC – “Choose Your Adventure” (Inspired by Drixx Salvador’s “Serenity”)
- Katelyn Vandersteen, Fort Nelson, BC – “Untitled (Wolf)” (Inspired by “Untitled (Wolf)” by Ava Gairdner)
Check out our summer programs to keep your dancers and aspiring dancers and everyone in between entertained this summer!
- July 4 – 8: The Magic of Disney
- July 11 -15: Super Heroes
- July 18 – 22: Under the Sea
- July 25 – 29: Circus Week
- August 8 – 12: The Olympics
- August 15 – 19: Mad Scientist
Half Days 9:30am-12:00pm
Full Days 9:30am-3:30pm
Dance with us this Summer
We are offering six Summer Dance Sessions, July 5-7th, July 12-14th, July 19-21nd, July 26-28th, and August 9-11th, and August 16-18th Each session is 3 days, or drop in for a day or two! Classes are running Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday so you can still get away for weekend adventures with your family!
Age 3 & 4– $15 + gst (per hour)
Ages 5-7 & 8-11
9:00-12pm or 1:00-4:00pm *Choose the morning or afternoon session, or both!
$45 + gst (one day ~ 3 hours)
$80 + gst (two days ~ 6 hours)
$100 + gst (FULL SESSION – three days ~ 9 hours)
Throughout these sessions dancers will have the opportunity to explore several dance styles such as ballet, jazz, hip hop, lyrical, and musical theatre. (age dependant)
All classes will be accessible to everyone, no experience necessary! *Kindly note, we need a minimum of 4 students for a class to run.
July 5-7th – Fairytale + 70+80’s Theme
July 12-14th – Jungle Theme
July 19-21nd – 90-2000s Theme
July 26-28th – Acro + Musical Theatre
August 9-11th – Disney Theme
August 16-18th – Adventureland Theme
If you would like to register for multiple days/weeks, please register for the first day you would like, and then send us an email, or come see us in studio so we can add the other days and apply the discount to your account!
The Peace River North Festival is proud and excited that Geneva Iten, a delegate from our festival, has won her class in Intermediate Woodwinds at the Performing Arts BC Provincial Festival in early June.
Geneva qualified for the Provincial Festival at the Peace River North Festival with her stirring solo performance of Pequeña Czarda by Pedro Iturralde. She so impressed adjudicator, Dr. Michael Keddy, that he gave her the highest mark of the festival and recommended her for the provincials.
The provincial festival was virtual this year so delegates submitted videos to be adjudicated. Highlights of the festival are available on the Performing Arts BC website and you can watch Geneva’s winning performance in the Intermediate Honours Concert.