FORT ST. JOHN COMMUNITY ARTS COUNCIL’S MANDATE
The Fort St. John Community Arts Council is working for a better community by supporting and developing the arts and culture. We strive to facilitate Fort St. John residents to reach and expand their potential through the arts.
Here’s what we do:
- Network and connect with all those interested and concerned about the arts
- Advocate for the arts, artists, and arts groups in Fort St. John
- Promote the role of the arts in building the quality of life and enhancing positive lifestyles
- Educate the public about the arts as well as market the arts and artists in and around Fort St. John
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
The Arts Council liaisons with partners such as the City of Fort St. John, Communities in Bloom and Winter Lights Celebration Committees, Peace Liard Regional Arts Council, North Peace Cultural Society, Chamber of Commerce, Assembly of BC Arts Councils, School District #60 on issues concerning arts development and cultural activities. The opportunity to apply for financial assistance after one full year membership is available (see Financial Assistance Policy).
The use of the Arts Council charitable tax number to provide tax receipts for donations to the member groups that do not have their own charitable tax number
Member group promotion through the Arts Council web-page, the Arts page in the Alaska Highway News, Northern Groove magazine and website, bi-monthly articles in the Northeast News and weekly radio spots on Moose FM
- Support for activities and long range goals of member groups
- Promotion through our website for individual and group activities
- The Arts Council distributes communication and resource materials from outside of Fort St. John to appropriate disciplines
- Fund-raising opportunities for individual groups through various Arts Council programs
- The Arts Council lobbies Municipal, Provincial, and Federal Governments for additional support for the arts
The Arts Council meets the third Wednesday of each month at the ArtsPost from 12 noon -1 pm (except July and August). Meetings are open to the public. We invite you to come see what we are all about!
LOCATION & HOURS
The Fort St. John Community Arts Council office is located at the ArtsPost at 10320 – 94th Avenue. (Corner of 94th Avenue and 104th Street, just off the Alaska Highway).
Business hours are Monday through Friday, 10 am to 1 pm.
The ArtsPost is home to the Fort St. John Community Arts Council office and serves as a meeting location for various arts organizations as well as for regular Art Council meetings. In addition, the ArtsPost is home to the North Peace Spinners and Weavers Guild and the North Peace Potters’ Guild.