Wonderful artwork on display at the Open Sky Peace Liard Regional Art Exhibition. It is on display at the Tumbler Ridge Visitor Centre at 265 Southgate Street, 10 am to 4 pm daily, until May 30 and can be viewed on line as well. See Exhibition Here.
This year’s exhibit was organized by the Peace Liard Regional Arts Council and the Tumbler Ridge Community Arts Council, and hosted by the Tumbler Ridge Global Geopark Society.
The exhibition features 104 submissions by 46 artists from across Northeastern BC.
The PLRAC is immensely grateful to our sponsors: Ovintiv, Island Mountain Arts, BC Arts Council, BC Community Gaming Grant, Northern Rockies Regional Municipality, as well as the jurors Cara Guri and Lynette La Fontaine.
- Representational: Modest, by Samantha Wigglesworth
- Three-Dimensional: Beach Rocks, by Eliza Massey-Stanford
- Conceptual: under consideration, by kit fast
- Photography: In Flight, by Tracy Rondeau
Toni Onley Artist Project Scholarship:
- Crystal Behn, Our Trauma Bond
(Chosen artworks will be featured in the PLRAC’s annual calendar)
- Flicker of Diamonds, by Ken Forest
- Titan Explorer, by Don Pettit
- Stony Lake Shimmer, by Alex Landon Richardson
- I’ll Have What She’s Having, by Donna Bozarth
- ē-kī-āhkwatic ōtehimin, by Adrienne Greyeyes
- The Shack, by Kim Ans
- Sown By Nature, by Kathie Young
- Atlin Lake 7 – Confluence, by Frances Obie
- Little Bee, by Caily Oldershaw
- Friendship, by Margaret Mabius
- Trick of Light, by Wayne Sawchuk
- Bergeron through the looking glass, by Tiffany Hetenyi
- Pulse, by Payge Fortier
- January Sunrise, by Lorri Langevin
- It’s Okay…but it’s not Okay, by Margaret May
- Abandon Native Cabin Teslin Lake, Yukon, by Joseph Johnston
- Grizzly Bear, Thunderbird, Sun Chief Totem, by Curtis Dickie
- blue shadows, red fox, by gary lowe
- BALANCE, by Carol Liu