2016 STREET BANNERS FOR DOWNTOWN FORT ST. JOHN
CALL FOR PROPOSALS
THE FORT ST. JOHN COMMUNITY ARTS COUNCIL REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS (RFP) 4 images of a PERFORMING ARTS THEME FOR 2016 to be professionally transferred to street banners for downtown Fort St. John, B.C.
The PROJECT TIMELINE is:
- NOVEMBER 2015 Call for Artists
- JANUARY 9, 2016 Deadline for Applications
- JANUARY 23, 2016 Selection of Artist
- MARCH 15, 2016 Final artwork submitted (4 designs)
- To celebrate a Performing Arts BC Festival in May 2016 in Fort St. John, the Fort St. John Arts Council is creating an artistic opportunity for a local artist. Participants from many communities in the province will be coming to Fort St. John for the provincial festival in 2016.
- Proposals should provide examples of previous work and indicate knowledge of design to enlarging the images with detail and clarity. Selection will be based on past work that appears to be suitable and easily translated onto a banner.
- One local artist will be selected to create 4 designs that will be professionally transferred onto quality street banners to be displayed during the summer months of 2016. The banners remain the property of the Arts Council and will eventually be transformed into other uses. Sponsorships will be solicited to cover the cost of the banners.
- Building on the success of the 2015 banners, the Fort St. John Community Arts Council is once again coordinating the street banners for the City of Fort St. John for the second year.
- THE PLACE The City of Fort St. John hangs street banners each summer on the light posts along the main streets. The Fort St. John Community Arts Council is offering to provide 52 new banners with 4 images of a theme of “HIGH PERFORMANCE, the PERFORMING ARTS”, for the summer of 2016. One design including all the sponsors’ names will also be required. Banners will hang May – Nov., 2016.
- The banner dimensions is approximately 30” X 60” with a 2” bleed. The exact dimensions will be available to the selected artist with more detail from the banner printing company.
- Selected artwork will be graphic, bright, and bold. Examples are available at www.flagshop.com and/or www.bigboldbeautifulbanner.comELIGIBILITY This opportunity is open to artists and graphic designers residing in North Peace Region of British Columbia including students and faculty of Universities or Colleges.
- LIABILITY The final accepted artwork will become the property of the Fort St. John Community Arts Council. The Application process includes a letter of intent and supporting material that illustrates your artwork.Fort St. John Community Arts Council, Box 6474. Fort St. John, BC V1J 4H9
- FOR FURTHER INFORMATION or questions about this program, please call or email the Fort St. John Community Arts Council at firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-785-6214Banners shown above are the 2015 Banners designed by Fort St. John Artist Alan White which also appear in the holding room at the North Peace Regional Airport.
Submit proposals and supporting material by January 9, 2016 to:
SELECTION CRITERIA The Committee of the Fort St. John Community Arts Council will select an artist as evidenced by their proposal. Consideration will be given to past work and other supporting materials. Successful applicant will be notified via e-mail.
COSTING Artists are responsible for all associated expenses related to design. Each of the 4 images will be related to the theme but different in design. An honorarium of $500 will be paid to the artist.